|Size (L x W x H)
|38.5 cm x 28.5 cm x 8.5 cm
- Short grain
- Good for Japanese cuisine
Vietnam Japonica Rice MIRAI
Imported directly from Vietnam, this Japanese white rice is a type of Japonica short-grain rice that is short, plump, and rounded oval. In general, Japanese rice has a higher water content compared to long-grain varieties like basmati or jasmine rice. This means that Japanese rice is more tender and moist. It‘s also more sticky and chewy because the grains contain less amylose—a type of starch that separates rice grains—than long-grain rice. This rice is ideal for dishes such as sushi, onigiri (rice balls).
How to cook :
1. First, clean the rice in the water with your hand, 2-3 times or until the water is clear. Then soak the MIRAI for at least 30 minutes before cooking, as it helps the rice cook more evenly.
2. Common ratio is 1 cup of rice to 1.2 cups of water. You can adjust the amount based on how you want your rice texture to be.
3. It will typically take around 15-20 minutes to cook the rice in a rice cooker.
4. After the cooking cycle is complete, let the rice sit in the rice cooker with the lid closed for an additional 10-15 minutes.
5. Fluff the rice using a fork or rice paddle, and transfer it to a serving bowl. It is ready to serve.