|Size (L x W x H)
|38.5 cm x 28.5 cm x 8.5 cm
- Brown rice
- Short grain
- Good for Japanese cuisine
Vietnam Japonica Rice
Japanese short-grain brown rice or Genmai (玄米) is a great alternative to white rice when you seek for healthy option. Many people enjoy brown rice for its high fiber and nutritional value. With its chewy texture and slightly nutty flavor, it’s satisfying and delicious! Brown rice is the unpolished kernel with the inedible outer hull removed. With the layer of bran and germ left intact, brown rice has more nutritional benefits compared to polished Japanese white rice.
How to cook :
1. Wash 1 cup of brown rice at least 3 times or untill water is clear. Then soak the rice for at least 1 hour or more before cooking, as it will help make the rice less dry.
2. Cooking common ratio is 1 cup of brown rice to 1.6 -1.8 cups of water. You can adjust the amount based on how you want your rice texture to be.
3. It will typically take around 20-30 minutes to cook the brown rice in a rice cooker.
4. After the cooking cycle is complete, let the rice sit in the rice cooker with the lid closed for an additional 10-15 minutes.
5. Fluff the rice using a fork or rice paddle, and transfer it to a serving bowl. It is ready to serve.