|Size (L x W x H)
|38.5 cm x 28.5 cm x 8.5 cm
- Less sticky
- Delicate taste
- Good for Sushi and any Japanese cuisine
Directly imported from Japan and polished fresh in Malaysia, Sasanishiki rice is a premium short-grain rice variety that is highly regarded in Japan, particularly in the Niigata Prefecture. Sasanishiki rice is known for its subtly sweet and slightly nutty flavor, making it well-suited for traditional Japanese dishes, including sushi, onigiri (rice balls), and donburi (rice bowl dishes). Sasanishiki rice can also be used in a wide range of other Asian and international recipes.
How to cook :
1. First, clean the rice in the water with your hand, 2-3 times or until the water is clear. Then soak the Sasanishiki for at least 30 minutes before cooking, as it helps the rice cook more evenly.
2. Common ratio is 1 cup of rice to 1.2 cups of water. You can adjust the amount based on how you want your rice texture to be.
3. It will typically take around 15-20 minutes to cook the rice in a rice cooker.
4. After the cooking cycle is complete, let the rice sit in the rice cooker with the lid closed for an additional 10-15 minutes.
5. Fluff the rice using a fork or rice paddle, and transfer it to a serving bowl. It is ready to serve.