|Size (L x W x H)
|38.5 cm x 28.5 cm x 8.5 cm
- Good in aroma
- sticky, chewy and well-balanced
- Tastes great even when cold
Akitakomachi, is named after Ono no Komachi, a Heian period (794 – 1185) poet and one of the three most beautiful women in the world. Akitakomachi is popular Japanese rice which is smaller than other rice. Famous for its sweetness in flavour and the perfect amount of moisture & stickiness, Akita Komachi rice is suitable for sushi / rice bowls and, onigiri.
How to cook :
1. First, clean the rice in the water with your hand, 2-3 times or until the water is clear. Then soak the Akitakomachi for at least 30 minutes before cooking, as it helps the rice cook more evenly.
2. Common ratio is 1 cup of rice to 1.2 cups of water. You can adjust the amount based on how you want your rice texture to be.
3. It will typically take around 15-20 minutes to cook the rice in a rice cooker.
4. After the cooking cycle is complete, let the rice sit in the rice cooker with the lid closed for an additional 10-15 minutes.
5. Fluff the rice using a fork or rice paddle, and transfer it to a serving bowl. It is ready to serve.