|Size (L x W x H)||38.5 cm x 28.5 cm x 8.5 cm|
- Light flavoured
- Shiny and chewy in moderation and well-balanced
- Good for Japanese curry, Donburi and Japanese Chinese cuisine
Imported from Miyagi , Japan, Hitomebore rice was developed through selective breeding and was first introduced in the early 2000s. It has gained recognition for its superior taste and texture. Hitomebore rice is known for its subtly sweet and slightly nutty flavor, making it suitable for various Japanese dishes, including sushi, onigiri (rice balls), and donburi (rice bowl dishes). Hitomebore rice can also be used in a wide range of other Asian and international recipes.
How to cook :
1. First, clean the rice in the water with your hand, 2-3 times or until the water is clear. Then soak the Hitomebore for at least 30 minutes before cooking, as it helps the rice cook more evenly.
2. Common ratio is 1 cup of rice to 1.2 cups of water. You can adjust the amount based on how you want your rice texture to be.
3. It will typically take around 15-20 minutes to cook the rice in a rice cooker.
4. After the cooking cycle is complete, let the rice sit in the rice cooker with the lid closed for an additional 10-15 minutes.
5. Fluff the rice using a fork or rice paddle, and transfer it to a serving bowl. It is ready to serve.